Sunday, October 23, 2011

Five Huge Time Consuming Websites on the Internet

I'll be honest with you. While most of my time online is rather productive, there are certain websites that catch my eye. They tempt me into buring up a great deal of my time. These websites are great, do not get me wrong, but boy do they burn up a lot of time. Therefore, I have come up with five websites that tend to waste our time. Not just from my own personal experiences mind you but from the experiences of people that I know.





5) Twitter:
Talk about a website that is so absurdly simple but has somehow caught on. Many people spend all day on Twitter, to keep up with the latest news and information. Sometimes tweeting about it themselves. Granted, you just wonder how many people truly care about what your opinion is on some random news item is. Still people tweet about it day after day. I even find that I myself to be charmingly endeared to Twitter every now and again. It does seem so absurd when you stop and think about it, but regardless Twitter has swept the nation.

4) Facebook
I am going to be completely and one hundred percent honest. Facebook is never my cup of tea. I just go on it every now and then. Mostly use it as a way to reconnect with people and not much beyond that. Still, I know people where Facebook is their life. They spend every free minute of time they can. Talk about a rather addicting website and it deserves the top spot on this list based on that very simple fact.

3) Wikipedia
The credibility of Wikipedia has really dropped a tad in recent time. In fact, it is considered to be a bit of a joke, due to the fact that pretty much anyone can edit it. It never was considered to be a viable resource for college. Still that most certainly did not stop us from browsing the articles on there. I find myself rather intrigued by the content on Wikipedia and it is fun to browse the pages. Just do not take it too seriously.

2) YouTube
The number one video sharing website on the Internet and the number two time wasting website on the Internet. You can search through the videos and while many of them can be quite frankly just ridicilous like you would not imagine, it still does not matter. They are still watched by many, including myself. I spend a couple of hours daily on YouTube and believe me, I am regretting that time later. I want it back but I know that I never will.

And without further pause, the number one time waster on the Internet is...

1) TV Tropes
Yes, this website. If any of you have ever been on there, trust me, you know what I am talking about. If you never have, there is no amount of explanation that will tell you exactly how much this website will suck your life out bit by little bit. If you have never visited this website, do yourselves a favor and do not. Do not even take a peak. Trust me, there are ways where this website will consume your life. It will have to click link after link after link, as your curioisty gets the better of you. Rumors that there is a mass gravesite of people who have died in front of their computer by surfing TVTropes are unconfirmed. TV Tropes can ruin your life!

So those are the top five time wasters on the Internet. If you visit them, try not to spend too much time on them.

No comments: