Saturday, February 11, 2012

The Viral Video of the Dad Shooting Daughter's Laptop Over Facebook

Oh...boy. It just really does amuse me in a way of all of the things that seemed to went viral, these seem to be the most inane. I'm inclined to say that no one was right in this situation. For those who don't know the story, this fifteen year old girl was not happy about things she had to do at home, so she complained about them on Facebook, using some potentially coarse language. The father wasn't pleased, so he shot the laptop.

On the one hand, I think that youth of today are many times disrespectful little snotrags(of course I thought this when I was a teenager, but that's beside the point, not that I was the perfect model myself, and of course, there are many adults who are far worse than your average teenager but that's beside the point) and this daughter came across as a self entitled little brat. On the other hand, shooting a computer, not quite sure that's going to be the most sane thing in the world. And we just tend to go back to my main beef with Facebook in general, people tend to take disputes that should be private too far and this is what happens. Perhaps we should consider it lucky that a person was not shot, instead that a laptop was shot.

If you want my opinion, no one was right. The daughter did herself no favors by what she posted, but the father sure as certainly did herself no favors by posting said video online. Naturally that raises questions about how completely stable the entire situation is, but I'll leave that to a professional to figure out. And obviously now the entire world knows what happened. What a way to live in infamy.

The entire video can be viewed in all of its, glory, right here as uploaded on YouTube.

No comments: